"....check my vital signs and know I'm still alive...."
_Boulevard of Broken Dreams

Sam: Your world must be shattered, huh?
Me: Nah, I just listen to Green Day and cry a lot.

And I still have his drumset in my basement, like the time I carried around that heart shaped scrape of red paper with his erratic handwriting scrawled on it for weeks in my pocket till I finally let it go. My head whispers fool.

Almost got hit by a car yesterday. That was fun. They say your life flashes before you, but all I could do was think "Dang it's going to hit me" until stopped inches away.

I'm worn thin and running on empty, but I think those are all good signs for my blogging career *sigh*

Forever is never enough.

Maybe I'll become one of those scene kids, dye my hair black and write dark poetry and never let people see more than one eye at a time.
Okay, THAT is laughable.

"....for what it's worth it was worth all the while..."
_Good Riddance 

I have an unrequited love for cheap frosting and drugstore shampoo.
Maybe for context I should say that I grew up in a hippie, all organic type household.
There was no place for electric blue frosting or Pert in my life.

Wouldn't it be cool if someone made bandaids for your soul?

6 comments:

  1. I love your posts because they aren't precise and measured, they just are.

    Glad you're still alive ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad you're blogging again, at least for the time being. I love your blog so much, it makes me sad.

    Weren't you the one who suggest we read The Perks of Being a Wallflower in one of your posts? I just read that book. It was so amazing. Thanks for suggesting it.

    My favourite line was when he talked about "feeling infinite." That was great.

    "I walk a lonely road, the only one that I have ever known. Don't know where it goes, but it's only me and I walk alone..."

    ReplyDelete
  3. :(
    might i suggest a mental health day? they always help me

    ReplyDelete
  4. and love the new layout of your blog btw, so... rustic (? idk if that's the word but you know what i mean)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Come back to me! I miss you.

    Or better yet, add me on Facebook. facebook.com/katesbennett

    ReplyDelete

"Sometimes the world seems like a big hole. You spend all your life shouting down it and all you hear are echoes of some idiot yelling nonsense down a hole"
_Adam Duritz

I love hearing things that aren't my own pathetic echoes.