Thanks, and the giving thereof

So, one of my favorite weekends of the year has come and gone.
It was pretty awesome.
Not quite as awesome as the year I stayed around in my pajamas, read five books, played Axis and Allies with my Dad and brother, and ate pie the entire weekend.
But, close.

I find myself thankful for the same things, every single year.
For people to love, a family that cares, the clothes on my back, 
a God that I trust (most of the time), my best friends, my blog, to ability to be in school right now, peace in our nation, and the freedom that so many overlook.
For these things, I am forever thankful.

Now my entire room is a mess as I ripped through my entire closet looking for outfits for the upcoming Christmas parties I plan on attending.
First one is next weekend!

I'm bad with clothes, but I found something nice, just a gray sweater dress with a white jacket.

Today was my parent's 18th wedding anniversary. 
My siblings and I took them out to breakfast, and split the bill.
Then we did a little Christmas shopping.

Here is a weird thing about my family.
When we go out, people know us by our name, and faces.
They'll look up from my receipt, and be like 
"Oh, you're a {insert my last name here}"
And I'll just sort of nod my head and smile and hope to 
God I don't have anything stuck in my braces.
My family's lived in this town for a long time, and my Grandfather was quite popular.
It's embarrassing.

I have an obsession with tights under shorts. 
I'm weird, but it makes me feel like a ballet dancer again.





2 comments:

  1. I'll email you a picture of my nails. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I get that back home.
    "Are you Marie and Callum's grand-daughter?"

    ReplyDelete

"Sometimes the world seems like a big hole. You spend all your life shouting down it and all you hear are echoes of some idiot yelling nonsense down a hole"
_Adam Duritz

I love hearing things that aren't my own pathetic echoes.