16




Sixteen things I've learned in my 16 years:

1. It's not really about me

2. You seem a lot smarter when you're quiet

3. Not everyone appreciates sarcasm

4. No matter how careful you are, someone will still be likely cut you off

5. Sometimes happiness is a conscious choice

6. Every day that you're breathing air has the potential to be something amazing

7. When you have a fever, sometimes the only prescription is more cowbell

8. It's not who you've known the longest, but rather who has stayed with you through the most

9. We're all just one phone call from our knees

10. Beauty is in your soul, your heart, and your mind. The beauty of the unseen is far greater than that of the skin

11. Accelerating is way too much fun

12. Never take people for granted

13. The sky is NOT the limit

14. We are all addicted to something that takes the pain away

15. God is real

16. Life was created to live radically

So, as you can tell, I have a lot to learn yet. But hey, bring it on. 16 is going to be awesome.

(and I will try to comment on all your beautiful blogs soon. It's not that I don't love them, I do.
It's just I've been busy in the best kind of way)

5 comments:

  1. Haha! Awesome. My favorites are:

    "You seem a lot smarter when you're quiet

    Not everyone appreciates sarcasm

    When you have a fever, sometimes the only prescription is more cowbell"

    ReplyDelete
  2. All very true wise things. I like them.

    ReplyDelete
  3. All very, very true. I love it.

    One of my favorites was "You seem a lot smarter when you're quiet."

    I know from experience. Everyone thinks of me as the most recent coming of the Buddha at school just because I don't talk very often.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice! and so true, every one =) Jesus loves you!

    ReplyDelete

"Sometimes the world seems like a big hole. You spend all your life shouting down it and all you hear are echoes of some idiot yelling nonsense down a hole"
_Adam Duritz

I love hearing things that aren't my own pathetic echoes.