I miss my boys....

A lot.

Those bright summer days spent desperately trying to play volleyball, despite the fact that none of us were any good.

Hanging around at the park, swinging on the swings, and just talking about whatever was on our minds.

Sitting in one of our cool basements, messing with my Mom's camera, making funny videos about the perils of work out machines (which involved Mark & Sam punching each other out while standing on an elliptical machine. They were joking of course).

Bombarding the fridge, looking for freezing cold water bottles for a water fight.

Dripping Popsicle juice everywhere.

The times we would be sitting in church, and the pastor would make a joke, and we would all look at one another and start laughing.

The one week we were obsessed with arm wrestling, and I somehow managed to stall Mark for a minute, to which he said "HOLY SHOOT!!! She is stronger than Misha!" Then I somehow lost to Joe, who later admitted to cheating (that little stinker).


These are the memories I have of my "brothers".
I love them all so much. All 5 of them.
They taught me how to let go, and enjoy myself. 
Don't get me wrong, in no way did they replace my girlfriends, but they just showed me a whole other side of myself that I didn't even now I had. I didn't have a crush on any of them. It wasn't the sort of "secretly have a crush on your best friend" kind of thing. And I really appreciated that.

Here, let me try to tell you what they are like.

Matt, at 15, is the oldest. He isn't the most gentle of guys, and sometimes is a tiny bit slow.
It's not meant as an insult, I just have a really fast processor in my brain, and sometimes people don't pick up what I'm trying to express as easily as others.  Sometimes I think of him as Mark's sidekick. He is quite okay once you get used to him though. For you sake, he has black wavy hair and deep hazel eyes, and is by far, the tallest.

Mark is next, at 14. Mark is the genius of the bunch. The leader. Mark makes me laugh. He thinks of the most ridiculous things to do, and ends up doing them. He is very responsible for his "pack". We do end up arguing a lot between the two of us though, cos we both have very strong personalities.  I hate it when people joke about me being his "girlfriend" cos it's not true. He is like my brother. The only reason I'm posting a picture of him, and not the others;
is cos his sister is a professional photographer, and these pictures are online anyways, so I don't have to get his parents permission. The photo is of him and his sister Jules, and I think it's adorable, don't you? He is so gonna kill me for this, but I'll think of it as revenge for when he said my blog was a "snore fest"


Then it's Misha, who is 13. Misha is a sweety, through and through. I mean it. He is one of the nicest boys I have ever met. He is so kind, I swear. When all the others tease me, he stands up for me. He calms me down. Misha is an amazing guy, and I hope we're friends for a long long time. He is Matt's younger brother. He was adopted from the Ukraine when he was 5.
He has short blond hair, and really dark brown eyes.

Then there is Joe. Joe is 12, and there are not a lot of words to describe Joe. Hmmm, remember when I made Matt's "10-year-old-computer" analogy? Joe is the exact opposite. His brain runs very fast, and he acts like he is always on caffeine. It's so funny, cos when he gets excited, which is almost always; his huge blue eyes light up and his head starts bobbing. When I'm in a hyper mood, we get along great.

Abe is 11, and all muscle. He is the "baby", and the one that can make everyone LOL with his insane antics. Like I said, he is a big kid, with a bigger heart. And an immensely amusing  take on life. You gotta love Abe.

I miss you boys a ton, and I'm counting the hours till we all meet up again.
Peace out,
Jillian

3 comments:

  1. Don't we all miss those summer days hanging out with friends?
    Good post..true feelings :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aww! That was sooo sweet! Makes me miss "my boy" group as well! *sniff* I should call them...
    ~Purl~

    ReplyDelete
  3. "And it's
    two bare feet on the dashboard,
    your old love and a front porch,
    cheaps shades and a tattoo and a U-2 bottle on the floorboard.
    Perfect song on the radio. Sing along cause it's what we know! It's a smile, it's a kiss, it's a sip of wine it's summertime! Sweet summertime."-Kenny Chesney, song: Summertime.
    I love the summer.
    A couple things:
    One: I never get bored listening to people, including you!
    Two: How did you did you ask the ask a friend thingy?

    ReplyDelete

"Sometimes the world seems like a big hole. You spend all your life shouting down it and all you hear are echoes of some idiot yelling nonsense down a hole"
_Adam Duritz

I love hearing things that aren't my own pathetic echoes.