Everywhere

Today was radical. 
I mean of course it had its ups, and downs.
We all woke up, in an morning-after-Christmas-stupor. When I say everyone, I mean me. The rest of my family bounce back with amazing resilience. Then we all headed out for various errands. 

But one of the nicest things, was when we were in the car, 7 people, in a mini van.
My brothers, and sisters and I all started talking about music, what we liked, what we disliked (Miley Cyrus seemed to fall into this category), and if we ever got into the business, what sounds we would aim for, and all that kind of stuff.

I like moments like that. We aren't really ALL in the car together all that much.

Then later that night after we had a party (I like parties, but there just so many during Christmas..)

It was 55 degrees, and there was still snow on the ground! And it was foggy, so all the street lights seemed so shiny and beautiful.
So I was so happy I was running around the driveway (we have a huge driveway..)
scraping off snow, and singing that old Michelle Branch song, Everywhere.
That song reminds me a lot about some friends I lost awhile ago. 
"Your everywhere to me,
and when I close my eyes it's you I see,
your everything I know,
                That makes me believe,
     I'm not alone
     I'm not alone"
                           
                                    I miss you guys. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

"Sometimes the world seems like a big hole. You spend all your life shouting down it and all you hear are echoes of some idiot yelling nonsense down a hole"
_Adam Duritz

I love hearing things that aren't my own pathetic echoes.