I saw the rain fall down today
The sky the color of ash
Her ocean eyes the background to her smile


(These are the kinds of words that make people insist I am full of it. I don't blame them)


I've been bad.
Rebel. Outcast. Insane. Ran through the red lights.
Tried to escape myself.


As a result, I have spent a good amount of time in solitary confinement.
Which is why I know how to live inside my head.


My best friend has mentioned how that made her jealous (Hey, Emma) but she has no clue (Sorry) what it took to get to that point.


I would stare at walls,  and think up alternate realities to my own current one.
That was the only way to survive,  really.
Made me be able to laugh and mock when they sent me away,  knowing that inside my head I would find some sort of adventure that no human being could ever steal from me.


And I found a world that was all my own.


So I never get bored, till this day, even after I've cleaned up my act.
I can sit in a chair for a long time without needing "entertainment".


That's just me.

3 comments:

  1. I love thinking up alternate realities. There is the downside of not being able to turn it off though, which explains why I can never get to sleep easily.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Solitary confinement?! Like in Shawshank Redemption? Or in Toy Story 3? Ouch.

    I really like this blog.

    (If I had a third grade brother, and he was reading over my shoulder, he would now shriek in my ear, "If you like it so much, why don't you marry it?" I really kind of wish I had a third grade brother.)

    ReplyDelete
  3. HEY i gave you an award on my blog! You should check it out on my blog :)

    ReplyDelete

"Sometimes the world seems like a big hole. You spend all your life shouting down it and all you hear are echoes of some idiot yelling nonsense down a hole"
_Adam Duritz

I love hearing things that aren't my own pathetic echoes.