Katie's Clone

We live across from each other, with parallel lives. 
In our glass houses, of the same design.
We've lived here forever, on that same street. 
We've never talked, we just wave and smile.
I'd watch you with your friends, and you'd watch me with mine.
We have the same hair color, and the same style. 
We have the same height, and the same eyes.
We even own the same clothes. 
I was out one night, and she dropped by because she was missing something, 
and my Mom wondered what I was doing there. 
That scares me.
She is the girl who lives in the mirror.

11 comments:

  1. It's really freaking me out now.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey, you're back!

    And I like this poem. It is a bit eerie. And I can't sympathize with you about what it's like to have your own writing freak you out. It's strange to think that a piece of writing someone invented could scare themselves, but it happens with me all the time.

    Some of my poems are really twisted and scary--(the ones I don't publish). I can really terrify myself by reading and writing them.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I meant that I CAN sympathize with you. Lo siento. Typo.

    ReplyDelete
  4. A was more saying it was freaking me out because Katie really exists, she isn't a figment of my imagination. She lives across the street.
    I was leaving my house yesterday and we were out wearing the same exact hoody and it scared me.

    Yes, my writing has scared me though.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You reminded me I had a blog. I can't believe i forgot. Will try to update soon!

    And I am not a big fan of that book. I have read it multiple times for class.

    P.S.

    I love the way you write :) It's beautiful

    ReplyDelete
  6. I agree with most of your points, however some need to be discussed further, I will hold a small talk with my partners and maybe I will look for you some suggestion soon.

    - Henry

    ReplyDelete

"Sometimes the world seems like a big hole. You spend all your life shouting down it and all you hear are echoes of some idiot yelling nonsense down a hole"
_Adam Duritz

I love hearing things that aren't my own pathetic echoes.